1 ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Your access to and use of Grappenhall Community Library ("the Website") is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
3 CHANGES TO WEBSITE
Grappenhall Community Library reserves the right to:
3.1 change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Grappenhall Community Library shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
3.2 change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
4 LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
5.1 All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Grappenhall Community Library or otherwise used by Grappenhall Community Library as permitted by law.
5.2 In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
6 DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
6.1 The Website is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6.2 To the extent permitted by law, Grappenhall Community Library will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
6.3 Grappenhall Community Library makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
6.4 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Grappenhall Community Library for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Grappenhall Community Library or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold Grappenhall Community Library and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Grappenhall Community Library arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
9 GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Users contacting this website and/or it's owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and it's owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates.
To unsubcribe, contact us at any time and our administrator will be pleased to remove emails within a reasonible period. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
GDPR Policy (Updated Apr 2018) - DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Who are we?
Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees is the data controller. This means the Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
• To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public at Grappenhall Community Library as specified in our constitution;
• To administer membership records;
• To fundraise and promote the interests of the charity;
• To manage our employees and volunteers;
• To maintain our own accounts and records
• To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at Grappenhall Community Library.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
• Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities.
• Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
• Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body
The processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Library in order to inform you of news, events and other activities at the library only. We will not share your data with third parties outside the library without your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data1? We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guidelines of the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO)
Specifically, we retain personal data for as long as it is required for the purpose it was collected.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
• The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees holds about you;
• The right to request that the Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees to retain such data;
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
• The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data.
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
• The right to object to the processing of personal data.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.1
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Chair, Friends of Grappenhall Library Board of Trustees, Grappenhall Community Library, Victoria Ave/Albert Rd., Grappenhall, Warrington, WA4 2PE Email:
FOGL/DAC Feb 2018
NB: You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113, via email at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House,
Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.